In Illinois, same-sex civil unions have been legally recognized since 2011, and same-sex marriage was signed into law in November 2013, but sometimes same-sex marriages end in divorce.
If you are experiencing or anticipating a divorce, you may need the help of an experienced attorney — an attorney familiar with the developing area of LGBT family law. Our firm knows LGBT family law and is ready to assist you.
Experienced Representation In Gay And Lesbian Family Law Matters
At The Muller Firm, based in Chicago, we understand the law as it pertains to Illinois same-sex marriage, and we know how to effectively represent our clients in LGBT divorces. Equipped with almost 25 years of broad-based experience in divorce cases, our firm can help you protect your rights with regard to:
- What the divorce process will look like in your case
- The division of property, including real estate, business assets and investments
- Obtaining the most favorable possible custody outcome for your children
- Parenting plans and visitation schedules
- Child support and spousal maintenance, if applicable
- Mediated divorce, if you and your spouse are interested in mediation
- Domestic violence issues
- Temporary court orders and the modification of court orders
Every divorce situation is different. Make sure you obtain proper legal advice if you have questions about your situation.
Chicago Same-Sex Divorce Lawyers | Contact Us Today
Talk to The Muller Firm about your concerns. Our attorneys will sit down with you, listen to the details of your situation and explain your options for moving forward. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.