Filing for divorce is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. Ending a marriage is not something to take lightly, and it is not something to undertake without proper planning and professional guidance.
Explore Your Options Before You Take Action
If you wish to explore your options for divorce or you are already engaged in pre-divorce planning, protect yourself by talking to us — before you take action. At The Muller Firm in Chicago, Illinois, our attorneys are well-versed in addressing and planning all aspects of:
- Divorce, from simple to highly complex
- Property valuation and asset division (including real estate, pensions, stock, stock options, businesses, patents and trademarks, license agreement and royalties); partition of real estate; and hidden asset discovery
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) and child support, including termination, modification and extension
- Child custody and visitation
- Removal, abduction and termination of parental rights
- Legal separation and invalidity of marriage (annulment)
- Father's rights, paternity and grandparents' rights
- Adoption and guardianship
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Gay relationships, same-sex marriages and transgender law
- Restraining Orders, Orders of Protection and domestic violence (civil and criminal)
- Department of Family Services and juvenile court matters (civil and criminal)
- Post-decree enforcement and modification
- Income tax and debt problems
- Surrogacy agreements and lifetime partnership agreements
- Divorce mediation
Chicago Lawyers For Divorce Planning
As they plan their next steps and weigh their choices, some people worry about how much a divorce will cost them. With a diverse clientele that has included Nobel Prize winners, celebrities, politicians, professional athletes, members of the judiciary and bar, physicians, executives, entrepreneurs, homemakers and hourly wage earners, THE MULLER FIRM understands that trouble has no socioeconomic boundaries. Consequently, our initial retainer is individually tailored to the complexity of each client's problem, and his or her ability to pay for the competent representation he or she needs.
We invite you to see why each year more Chicagoans agree: For the LAST word on SETTLEMENT, THE MULLER FIRM, LTD., is the FIRST name in DIVORCE.
Removing confusion and ambivalence is an essential step in the planning process. Contact us to get all your divorce questions answered.