Child custody is one of the most emotionally and logistically challenging aspects of many divorces and situations involving fathers and mothers who were never married. The help of an experienced family law attorney can make all the difference in the world if you are concerned about legal arrangements for your children.
Illinois courts are expected to consider the best interest of a child in awarding custody, which may be either sole (awarded to one parent, who has the right to make decisions about the child's education, medical care, etc.) or joint (shared between two parents, one of whom is awarded primary physical residence).
We Can Help With All Aspects Of Custody
At The Muller Firm, we have more than 20 years of experience helping our clients with all aspects of their custody situation. Our attorneys can help you address the issues that are relevant to your case, including:
- Original Custody Determinations, which are made by a court to award custody of a child or children
- Change of Custody Determinations, which involve a court reviewing changes in your circumstances — such as your living situation, your co-parent's situation or the needs of your child — to possibly change your original custody judgment
- Visitation for the noncustodial parent
- Interstate custody and out-of-town or out-of-state relocation by one parent
- The relationship between visitation, custody and the amount of child support you owe or receive
- The termination of parental rights, which can happen in extreme cases
- The abduction of a child by a parent or relative
- Removal of a child
Pre-eminent Chicago Lawyers For Child Custody Matters | Contact Us
It is essential to have effective legal representation if your goal is to be treated fairly when custody is decided upon. Contact The Muller Firm for advice regarding your case.